Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I will be writing periodically ,we are so used to most behaviors we tend to forget about them.After all after 7 years its just everyday life.......

While most kids go through a brief battle of separation anxiety that pulls on mom and dads heart strings ,Sis is still going through it. I asked her one day why she could not let me out of her sight,she replied i am afraid something bad will happen and i will never see you again.Now mind you she was 3 at that time,why was she so afraid of the unknown?Most older kids don't even give it a second thought.It has begun to get a little better in a round about way.Up until recently she had never stayed at a friends house or even a grandparents house.She would stay awhile but as night time would fall she would get stressed out and cry until she gets sick.She has 1 cousin whom she will stay with and 1 friend that she rides horses with that she will stay with ,otherwise forget it.So needless to say not only dealing with her issues its hard on a marriage,you get no free time,no date nights......not good.I think i have also convinced her that i know how to swim if by chance i fall in the toilet because i went alone .She stays outside the door in case she needs to call 911.....hey....you never know i suppose.Sometimes i say i gotta go when i really don't have to just so i can get a break...i figure what ever works....right?

She spent the first 2 years of school crying as she was loading on the bus,and most mornings teary eyed and constantly complaining of her belly hurting.Belly aches are a common occurrence here and when i say common i meant every morning and night on days Monday through Friday.Miraculously Sat. and Sun it is fine . I've chalked it up to nerves,and just keep a good eye on it .Unfortunately stomach issues run strong in my family so i pray we don't end up with ulcers.I hate to see her cry but you kind of get to the point you know they are not in pain or being hurt you have to let it go.Usually once she bonds to someone(teacher) she is easier to get moving.In the one time where a teacher couldn't make time for her another teacher stepped in,one we knew personally and is a fellow church member,and she was my angel that year.That particular year was the year she was diagnosed and the principal told me to my face she didn't think that was a correct diagnosis she believed it was parenting.I welcomed her to my house any day after school but said she could not leave until Sis was asleep for the night..Not quite sure why but she never took me up on it.GO FIGURE!!!!Needless to say that was a rough year,the people i thought would help me as a parent to understand this failed me and i realized I'm on my own to figure it out.She is basically really smart but is socially behind....big time....

Another characteristic she has and has done as long as i can remember she spaces out,and at the same time her body stiffens and she figits with her hands,almost like she is rolling something in her fingers.They thought when she did this she was having a seizure,but later test revealed it wasn't.Still no answer to that.I think because her mind never shuts down its her way of processing thing or dealing with an excited mind.I actually caught her doing it last year right before she entered a class at the horse show.That was a first ,which to me meant she was not being calmed by her horse as she normally is.


No comments:

Post a Comment